Tw1tterband press release here.


Sunday 6 February 2011

Introducing the Band: @danbeames


Name: Dan Beames

Occupation: Tour Production Management
Role in Tw1tterband: Bass

How did you become involved with Tw1tterband?
I saw @WH1SKS's idea, liked it and was lucky enough to be on here when he asked people to sign up.

Please summarise your Twitterband Contribution.
I am @tw1tterband's bassist. I'm not really a bassist, but I thought it'd be fun. I gave a little technical help too.

Tw1tterband has been organised at extremely short notice. Has it been tricky working with such a tight deadline?
Luckily it mostly happened when I was fairly free. Work has meant I'm a bit late on the video stuff, though.

Are you involved with any other bands or music projects outside of Tw1tterband?
I've played music and been in bands since I was young. Currently I do a bit of stuff at http://soundcloud.com/danbeames

Which of the other Tw1tterband contributors have you met in person?
I've not met any of them, to my knowledge.

What was the last record you bought?
Last record was Levon Helm's Midnight Ramble Sessions Vol 2. One of the best drummers and vocalists of all time, in my book.

What was the first record you bought?
I think the first record I bought with my own money was probably a Police hits tape, or maybe Peace and Love by The Pogues.

How much did you pay for your last haircut?
Last haircut was £8. I remember that, as it was yesterday evening.

You’re on death row. You can choose one last meal and one album to listen to while you eat it. Name them.
Last meal would probably be pasta based, but there would also have to be some very good quality slow-cooked meat. Album would probably be Graceland by Paul Simon.

Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles. Absolutely no question.

Fender or Gibson?
Fender - I've owned both, Fender are more versatile, I think. And lighter. Dear God, Les Pauls are heavy.

Ale or Lager?
I suppose I drink more lager, but I'm an ale man. Grew up in the countryside.

Lennon or McCartney?
I don't think you can pick between Lennon and McCartney. They're both kinda rubbish on their own. But... Aw. Macca. Maybe.

Yoko Ono or Heather Mills?
I suppose Ono, but only because of the hilarious things she posts on Twitter. Mad as a bag of bastards.

Books or Kindle?
I'm a bit of a geek, but books are books. Books.

Vinyl or iPod?
Vinyl is all good, but it's iPods are so much more useful.

Jamie or Delia?
Jamie. Delia can get bent.

Twitter or Facebook?
Twitter. Obviously.

WH1SKS or wowser?
I don't think I can side against my new boss now, can I? I might get sacked. Oh. Touchy subject. WH1SKS.


Interview by @RedEaredRabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment